Companion Diagnostics Development
iC42 is spezialized in Molecular Marker Discovery, Qualification & Development.
We measure the following vascular endothelial and kidney function molecular markers.
Molecular marker panels for vascular endothelial function profiling:
1. NO Pathway: Asymmetric dimethyl arginine (ADMA), symmetric dimethyl arginine (SDMA), L-arginine, L-citrulline, L-ornithin
2. Homocysteine, S-adenosyl methionine, S-adenosyl homocysteine and cysteine
3. Oxidative Stress Markers: 15-f2t-isoprostane (8-epi PGF2a), glutathione
4. Uric acid
5. Amino acid profiles
6. Bioactive lipids (quantification of 19 compounds including leukotrienes (hydroxy eicosatetraenoic acids or HETEs), hydroxy eicosapentaenoic acids (HEPEs), resolvins, protectins and related hydroxy fatty acids).
All assays are LC-MS/MS assays in EDTA plasma.
In addition, serum levels of soluble intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-1, vascular cell adhesion molecule (VCAM)-1, P-selectin, E-selectin, soluble Fas and Fas ligand will be measured as markers of vascular inflammation.
Molecular marker panels for kidney function profiling:
7. Urine metabolite profile (LC-MS/MS):
– creatinine (glomerular filtration)
– glucose (reabsorption in proximal tubule)
– citrate, oxoglutarate, succinate, lactate (tubular cell metabolism)
– hippurate (active secretion and kidney amino acylase activity)
– trimethyl amine oxide (TMAO) (protects against urea-induced protein precipitation, marker for proximal tubule injury)
All concentrations will be normalized based on urine osmolarity.
8. Urinary Protein Kidney Dysfunction Markers (Luminex multiplex)
β2-microglobulin, cystatin C, urinary clusterin, urinary trefoil factor 3 and kidney injury molecule-1 (EMEA/ FDA markers) and calbindin, epidermal growth factor, glutathione-S-transferase-alpha (GST-alpha), glutathione-S-transferase Yb1 (GST-Yb1), neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalcin (NGAL), osteopontin, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1), and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF).
The following pages provide more detail and background information about the specific molecular markers. Click here to learn more!